Luxe Beauty Now
Registered Nurse located in Bedford, TX
Eliminating or reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and sun-damaged skin will give your skin a younger appearance and help you regain self-confidence. Angie Sucre, a Registered Nurse, and Master Aesthetician helps men and women look their best with anti-aging skin care treatments in her Bedford, Texas practice, Luxe Beauty Now. Angie listens to the needs of every patient to carefully customize the best treatment options, which range from recommending EltaMD skin care products to performing chemical peels and dermaplaning procedures. Call the office today to find out more about your skin care treatment options or book your appointment online.
Skin Care Q & A
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a skin resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin of the face, neck, or hands to cause the dead layer of skin to exfoliate, and eventually, peel off. Your body will grow new skin, which is smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
How deep is a chemical peel?
The depth of a chemical peel procedure depends on the issues you’re addressing with the procedure:
- Superficial chemical peel. The lightest depth chemical peel removes the epidermis or outer layer of skin. Superficial chemical peels treat acne, fine wrinkles, and uneven skin tone with multiple treatments.
- Medium chemical peel. The medium depth chemical peel is a treatment option for removing skin cells from the epidermis and dermis, the middle layer of skin. Medium chemical peels are used for treating acne scars, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone and may be repeated after three months to maintain results.
- Deep chemical peel. The deepest of chemical peels remove skin cells from the epidermis layer to portions of the lower layer. Deep chemical peels are used to treat severe wrinkles, scars, or precancerous growths.
Angie and the medical team at Luxe Beauty Now use the SkinMedica Chemical Peel and the EltaMD Line to reduce visible signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles and improve the skin texture. The result is healthier, more radiant, and younger-looking skin.
What conditions does a chemical peel treat?
Chemical peels are an affordable cosmetic option for the treatment of acne scars, crow’s feet, shallow scars, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, sun-damaged skin, and generally aging skin. Chemical peels don't treat deep lines or extremely loose skin.
What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is the deep exfoliation of skin to remove dead skin cells and hair from the face. Angie and the medical team use a sterile surgical scalpel to gently shave off the dead, top layer of skin along with the hair. The removal of dead skin cells and peach fuzz evens out skin tone and allows the body to regenerate new, healthier skin.
Benefits of dermaplaning include:
- Painless exfoliation procedure with little to no downtime
- Safe for many pregnant women and those with sensitive skin
- Allows smoother application of makeup
- Lightens acne scars
- Doesn’t result in darker, thicker hair growth
- Safe to get before other cosmetic treatments including facials, laser, and chemical peels
- No downtime
Learn more about skin care treatments offered at Luxe Beauty Now to reduce wrinkles and reduce the signs of aging by calling the Bedford office or using the online booking tool.